The measurements below are totally approximates, you know how I cook. If it seems to thin, add more flour. If it seems to thick, add more rice milk. Want it more cocoa-y or carob-y? Add more. You get the idea. I'm going to keep working on this recipe - there must be a way to make it thicker and richer.
1 c unsweetened rice milk (or soy, almond, hazelnut, etc)
- Dilute the sweet rice flour or arrowroot starch in liquid. If using sweet rice flour, dilute in 1/4 c of rice milk. If using arrowroot, dissolve in 1-2 T of rice milk.
- In small saucepan, whisk together the remaining rice milk, coconut oil, and cocoa/carob powder. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring a few times to mix in the coconut oil as it melts.
- Reduce to a simmer, and add diluted flour/starch/milk mixture. Whisk together and let simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Add stevia/agave and optional spices to taste.
- Pour into a small cup, and let cool to drinking temperature. It will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Enjoy on its own or with your favorite gluten free cookies or baked goods. Serve with a spoon and savor it slowly.