Here it is again, the start of another month. That means it is also the end of another SOS Kitchen Challenge. In March, Ricki and I featured none other than the delicious and nutritious adzuki bean. Our readers were inspired by both the sweet and savory possibilities, and delivered a multitude of delicious-looking recipes. From truffles to tarts, soup to salad, and even vegetarian "bacon", we had it all. And, oddly enough, Ricki and I were on the same wavelength and created very similar bean dips, completely separate of each other. Great minds do think alike.
Here are a few highlights from the month...
- Nutty Chocolate Azuki Bean Bites from Clean, Green, Simple
- Blood Orange and Red Bean Ice Cream from Vegan Culinary Crusade
- Adzuki Pudding Tarts from A Dash of Compassion
- Muscle Truffles from Open-Ended Question
- Slow Cooker Red Bean Adzuki Oatmeal from Healthy Slow Cooking
- Facon (Vegetarian Bacon) from Green Gourmet Giraffe
- Alyse’s Adzuki Bean Ginger Miso Sea Veg Soup from EarthHeartSong
- Adzuki Bean Shepherd's Pie with Low-Carb Topping from Whole New Mom
- Adzuki and Quinoa Veggie Burgers from She Let Them Eat Cake
- Red Bean and Beet Hummus from Until We Eat Again
Be sure to check out all the great recipes in the Linky below, and prepare to get your bean on.
Anxious for the next SOS Kitchen Challenge? We are too! Ricki selected a great ingredient for the April SOS Kitchen Challenge. This month's ingredient is fresh, seasonal, and perfectly suited for a wide variety of savory dishes. If you can figure out how to use it in a sweet way, you deserve a medal of honor. Any guesses? Check back soon for all the details!
Do you know that my SOS partner Ricki has completed yet another recipe e-book? Her newest recipe collection is entitled Good Morning! Breakfast without Gluten, Sugar, Eggs, or Dairy, and looks amazing. From pancakes to scrambles to breakfast bars, Ricki shares recipes perfect for anyone on an anti-Candida, low glycemic, or low sugar diet, or anyone with food allergies. I can't wait to buy my copy! And, as a bonus, she is offering it at a special price of $9.95 (regular price is $12.95) through Sunday April 3. Click here to learn more!