This past month, Ricki and I chose Asparagus as our SOS Kitchen Challenge key ingredient, and set out a true "kitchen challenge": could anyone actually come up with a (tasty) sweet asparagus-based recipe? Well, I'm thrilled to report that several of you rose to the challenge quite admirably!
The asparagus recipes flowed in all month, with many arriving down to the wire. Here are some of the highlights (you can find links to all these recipes and more in the linky list below):
• Asparagus-Herb Muffins from A Dash of Compassion
• Creamy Asparagus Pasta from Vegan Awakening
• Spring Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Corn from The Allergic Kid
• Simple Chilled Asparagus Salad from The Gluten-Free Edge
• Brown Rice Risotto with Asparagus from City/Life/Eats
. . .and The Sweet! (kudos to all of you for these incredibly creative dishes):
All of your recipes look sensational!
Thanks to everyone who participated this past month. We were thrilled with every one of your 22 entries.
Ricki and I are currently putting the finishing touches on the kickoff post for May. . . a favorite ingredient that is used frequently on both our blogs. And we're certain that everyone, wherever you're located, can participate equally this month. Stayed tuned for the annoucement in a day or two.