I love turkey.
That's all there is to it.
These are super fast, super easy, and super tasty. Lots of meatball recipes use eggs and bread crumbs and all sorts of stuff as fillers and binders. I just leave it to the turkey and don't deal with adding anything other than herbs and seasonings! I like to bake meatballs; they stay moist, you don't need to use any added oil, and you can do other things while your little meatballs bake away in the oven. However, you can choose to cook them up in a big fry pan just as easily!
These freeze like a dream - so cook a big batch and freeze the leftovers for quick meals later on.
HERBED TURKEY MEATBALLS (gluten free, egg free)
1 lb ground turkey, hormone free and free range preferred
1/4 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 T dried basil
1 T dried thyme
sprinkle garlic powder or 1-2 minced garlic cloves
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, herbs, garlic/garlic powder, salt, and pepper until all ingredients are well incorporated through turkey.
- With your hands, grab small chunks of turkey and roll into balls, slightly smaller than a walnut. Place balls on parchment lined tray.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until centers are no longer pink and meatballs are golden brown.
Serve any number of ways:
- Eat with cooked greens and sauerkraut
- Throw in a bun, wrap, or huge collard leaf with sandwich fillings
- Eat with red sauce, bechamel sauce, or cheesy sauce and serve over pasta, or for a low-carb meal, spaghetti squash
- Put on toothpicks or skewers and serve as appetizers with mustard or other dips
- Add to soups
- Eat on salads
- Anything else you can think of!