Thank you for visiting the Affairs of Living website (the “Site”). Kim Christensen, LLC, and its subsidiaries, owner of the ‘Affairs of Living’ brand and affairsofliving.com (“Company”, “we” or “us”), respect your privacy and we hope that you find this Agreement helpful.
Please read this privacy agreement carefully. By using this Site, you accept and agree to the terms stated below. If you do not agree, you should not use this Site. As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful, inappropriate, or prohibited by the terms of this agreement.
The Site is an evolving medium. We may change the terms of this agreement at any time and you should periodically review this privacy agreement. Your use of this Site after any change to this Agreement acts as your affirmative agreement to accept the revised Agreement.
IN SHORT, OUR BASIC POLICY IS THAT WE WILL NOT SHARE OR SELL OUR CUSTOMER'S INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF MARKETING OR SELLING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OTHER THAN THOSE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY. WE STRIVE TO FOLLOW AND ADHERE TO ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY, ACT (HIPAA).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you when you visit our Site, register on our Site, or click on any links on our Site. We also may collect information about you from a variety of other sources, including information we collect from you directly and information we collect about you from third parties. This Policy, however, only applies to information that we collect from you when you visit our Site, or click on links on our Site.
Depending upon the particular action that you take on our Site, the information that we collect about you may include your name, contact information (work or business), including postal and email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect your credit card information, debit card information, and your financial institution or bank account information if you choose to make payment online.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use the information we collect about you from the Site in various ways designed to improve the services that Company offer to you. For example, we might use your information to:
- To notify you of services and your appointments;
- To identify which services are right for you;
- To improve our Site, the products and services that we offer and the customer experience;
- To fulfill requests for information;
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you;
- We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising Company’s services on third party websites; and
- For other purposes where required by law or consented to by you.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You may stop receiving promotional email messages by following a link contained in the email itself. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to communicate with you regarding service-related issues. You can also opt out of receiving promotional materials by submitting your request by email to email@example.com
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as follows:
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as responding to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of this Policy.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of another business transaction, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, those providers who may help administer our Site.
- Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose the information that we collect about you to non-affiliated third parties, such as our franchisees (if any in the future), licensees, promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. Those third parties may use your information for marketing purposes, for example, such as to market Company products and services that they believe would be of interest to you. We also may combine the information that we collect about you with other information that we obtain from third parties. You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your information. You also have the ability to opt-into the receipt of certain information from unaffiliated third parties and us. We may share your information to respond to your choices. Because other third parties are not affiliated with us, we cannot be responsible for how they use your information.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregate or anonymous information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING
Flash LSOs. We might use Flash LSOs, to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. LSOs vary from browser cookies in the type, amount and browser-control of data. Please visit the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” for information and instructions to manage settings.
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a/k/a pixel tags, web beacons or web bugs) are small graphics similar in function to cookies. Unlike cookies, which are stored on your hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of Site visitors and App users, manage content, and compile usage statistics. We and our third party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, which help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND TRACKING
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ACCESS TO SITE
At times, our Site may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of these linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of those third party websites. Nonetheless, we strive to protect the integrity of the Site and we welcome any feedback about these third party websites.
CORRECTING, AMENDING, AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify any account information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your information. You may also delete your account if you like. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents may request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org You must include “California resident information request” written in the subject line of the email. Within thirty days of receiving this request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties.
Our Site, along with our products and services, are not intended for children to use. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and we do not wish to receive personal information from children under the age of 18.
This site is controlled by us from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. This Policy shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, regardless of any conflicts of law principles. If you use this Site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. If you download anything from this site, you represent that you are not a national of, or located in, any country subject to export embargo controls by the USA, and that you are not otherwise prohibited from receiving such information. By using this service, you agree to abide by the terms of this Policy and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota, for all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of this Site. Any product or service information provided in this Site is meant for informational purposes only. This information applies to all Company locations in the United States of America. We own the trademarks and logos that are on this site, or permission to use such marks and logos.